1. Hotel Best Practice
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and team are at the forefront of all of our actions; we want you to enjoy a relaxed and carefree break, safe in the knowledge that our usual health & hygiene procedures have been further enhanced to protect against COVID19. Hotel management are closely monitoring Government guidelines and industry advice and we have engaged the services of CSC (Common Sense Compliance Ltd) who review and advise on hotel practice and work with us as our Health & Safety partner.
2. Partnerships, teams & third parties
Everyone working with the Rare Bird Hotel business, whether suppliers, staff or partners, is fully engaged in our strategy to protect the wellbeing of those onsite. This includes:
• Updated Health & Hygiene Training – this has commenced for all teams and includes understanding responsibility to guests and colleagues
• Supply of PPE for all guest facing team members – this is available but not mandatory; we are working to strike the balance between a welcoming and ‘normal’ environment and providing the reassurance our guests and teams deserve
• Working Safely During Coronavirus – we are taking all reasonable steps to comply with these Government guidelines
• We have spoken with all key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
We’ll share as much information as possible to provide assurance and transparency:
• The RBH Covid19 Statement is available on the website and will be updated as required
• All pre-arrival email communications have been updated to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene during your stay
• New signage will be added throughout the hotel to remind guests about social distancing
• Our teams are available to answer questions about your stay and what you can expect
4. Capacity & Social Distancing
Our hotels will adhere to the guidelines surrounding capacity. Fortunately, with our spacious communal areas, gardens and countryside locations we are able to offer space, fresh air and plenty of places to roam.
5. Housekeeping & Laundry
Our laundry partners Blue Dragon work to the same biocontamination standards as healthcare laundry services and comply with EU regulations. Our own housekeeping team are receiving up to date training on new cleaning procedures throughout all areas of the hotel. Hand sanitiser will be readily available throughout communal areas of the hotel for visitors and team to use.
6. Coppa Club
Our onsite restaurant partner is Coppa Club who are committed to taking all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and social distancing.
Coppa teams will be working to ensure that everyone can be served in a timely manner, whilst also observing rules around capacity and social distancing, and therefore we highly recommend booking your table.
Coppa Club takeaway menu will be available which you can either take to your room, or eat in the extensive gardens of the hotel.
7. Our Facilities
• The Gym, Sauna, Steam Room and Treatment Rooms will remain closed for the short term. Expectations are that these will re-open in September however if official guidance relating to this changes, we will be ready to take action.
• The hotel bar will open in line with all the guidelines mentioned above and we will operate a cashless facility.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Swan and excited about the future. We are embracing the changes brought about by recent events and although we may not always get it right first time, please rest assured of our continued and heartfelt commitment to ensuring you have a great experience when you visit us.